Director of Capital Projects
TO Live has a full-time permanent opportunity in its Operations department in the role of Director of Capital Projects. As an integral member of TO Live, the Director of Capital Projects will report to and work closely with the Vice President of Operations. The Director of Capital Projects will manage assigned capital projects and other assigned TO Live projects within TO Live’s three venues and function as a team lead to other Project Managers. The ideal candidate will have a background and/or familiarity in performing arts venues, building operations and an understanding of public sector procurement.
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead or assist in the creation of capital or other project tender documents.
- Act as a senior team lead for TO Live Project Managers.
- Coordinate contractors where applicable.
- Lead project budget preparation, scheduling and monitoring processes.
- Create and manage the development of critical paths, planning, implementation, process and work back schedules to support capital or other projects.
- Manage all capital and other construction activities (e.g. renovations, inspections, contractor and architect meetings, permitting activities, project close-out and building commission activities, calendars, mandated reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that all phases of projects are completed within specifications and with minimal interruption to site personnel.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records.
- Ensure projects and contractors work around day-to-day activity without interruptions to the TO Live tenants, guests or productions.
- Engage and contract consultants as required.
- Establish and direct policies and procedures for project management methodology.
- Train, supervise and coordinate TO Live Project Managers for consistency of execution of project management methodologies.
- Communicate and be an effective liaison on all projects to all internal and external TO Live stakeholders, as well as reporting and communication to TO Live’s Senior Executive and Finance departments.
- Support the TO Live Senior Executives with strategies for process improvements.
- Participate in committees as required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- PMP Certification.
- Eng. designation an asset.
- Project management experience working with project teams with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in leadership.
- Experience in authoring tender documents.
- Experience in municipal procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience in working with CCDC or similar documents.
- Knowledge of building infrastructure as it relates to building materials, systems and state of good repair standards.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize activities, develop plans, meet deadlines and manage multiple and complex operational matters on a daily basis.
- Minimum 10 collective years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Clear evidence of good judgment, reasoning ability, problem solving skills and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Results oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire trust.
- Highly organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is an asset.
- Practical knowledge of employment, labour and occupational health and safety laws.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project an asset.
- Variable and occasional long hours including nights and weekends.
- Variable hours of work depending on performance and event schedules.
- Consistent ability to interact with a wide range of temperaments.
- Travel between all three TO Live venues.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall (formerly the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts), the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre (formerly the Toronto Centre for the Arts). In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should apply through our TO Live careers website at: https://tolive.bamboohr.com/jobs/
No phone calls please. TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together with the Toronto Public Service’s (TPS) initiatives, which TO Lives follows and adheres too, TO Live encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
We ask that you complete the questions provided as part of the online application to assist us in ensuring our recruitment process and programs are equitable and accessible. Your responses are voluntary and the information that you provide is strictly confidential.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Date Posted: December 4, 2020
Application Deadline: January 3, 2021
Start Date: ASAP